Test new and enhanced IT applications in accordance with defined business functional and non-functional requirements to ensure optimal system functioning.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyse business requirements.
- Assess and define the scope of the test.
- Identify prerequisites and appropriate types of test.
- Estimate the size of the test effort.
- Define and prioritise test scenarios.
- Develop test cases.
- Identify test data requirements.
- Prepare test data.
- Execute test cases and record test execution results.
- Identify, classify, report and track defects to resolution
- Conduct re-testing and regression testing
- Compile test packs
- Support Product Owners during Acceptance Testing
- Quality review of test cases
- Mentor less experienced testers in the team
- Test complex systems
- Test systems with multiple integration points
- Execute and support cross-business unit testing
- Collaborate within the Scrum team
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Take ownership of driving career development.
- Matric certificate.
- IT Diploma, or equivalent IT and Testing Qualification is essential.
- B. Com / B.Sc. degree or equivalent is advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience.
- ISTQB / ISEB Certified Tester Intermediate Level or Advanced Level Test Analyst is preferred.
- Experience in test automation is preferred.
- Database skill and experience e.g., SQL queries.
- Knowledge and experience with different types of test methods.
- Knowledge and experience with software testing tools (Qtest, Selenium, Postman, CodedUI, Jira etc).
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the software testing life cycle.
- In-depth knowledge of manual testing (functional and non-functional); basic knowledge/understanding of test automation.
- Understands how the business operates, what the key issues and risks are that drive business success; and how they impact on the commercial viability of potential ventures and the profitability of the Group.
- Anticipates, meets and exceeds client's needs by creating long-lasting relationships that support the client value proposition, support their financial wellness and ensure client centricity.
- Drives a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility and execution to deliver business results.
- Actively leads change, does what is right for the business and drives continuous improvement through innovation.
- Prioritises the business interests of MMH and invests in the success of the group by aligning efforts across divisions.
- Persuades, convinces, influences and inspires others, both within the Company and externally to win support, loyalty and gain commitment to the purpose of the Company.
- Manages self and relationships with others effectively, deals with ambiguity, uncertainty and pressure, and provides perspective in difficult situations.
- Is sensitive to individual and cultural differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.