We are looking to recruit a permanent Responsible Pharmacist and the role will be based at the Cape Town Branch and will report to the Quality and Compliance Executive to ensure compliance with the medicines and related substances Act, Act 101 of 1965 and subsequently amended and the Pharmacy Act, Act 53 of 1974 and as subsequently amended.
- B. Pharm. Degree
- Min 3 Years’ experience in the Wholesale/ Distribution or Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of GWP/GDP/GMP
- Pharmaceutical Industry Laws and Regulations and Ethics.
- Current valid registration in good standing with SAPC
- Staff management
- Writing skill
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of ISO standards
- Legal Compliance
- To ensure compliance with Quality & regulatory standards and guidelines.
- To ensure that all licenses in respect of regulations are maintained for the branch.
- To maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) by preparing and updating SOP’s, conducting internal and external audits and monitoring staff training.
- To ensure effective management of product returns, product recall, destruction process and reporting of product complaints/ Adverse events
- To ensure effective management of CAPAs & deviations and change controls calibration & maintenance of critical equipment.
- To ensure that product release and sampling are conducted within SLA
- To ensure that favorable audit reports are received from Distribution principals, to formulate replies to audits reports.
- To ensure management of the schedule 5 and 6 products
- To ensure that the validation plan is implemented and maintained.
- To ensure the availability of emergency after hours service.
- To ensure that there is continuous Pharmacist supervision of premises during operating hours.
- Responsible for all communication with SAHPRA and SAPC.