Main purpose of the job:
- To provide comprehensive medical care/clinical support to patients enrolled in various studies at the clinic
- Port Elizabeth - Gqeberha (Jose Pearson Hospital)
Key performance areas:
- Ensuring study implementation is in accordance with Good Clinical Practice guidelines
- Screening and enrolment of study participants
- Completing Case Report Forms (CRFs) as per study requirements
- Reviewing and signing all laboratory results, both study and safety-related
- Ensuring the randomization process is correctly implemented
- Supervising and managing the drug treatments of all participants in the study
- Being involved in intense clinical follow-up of study participants, both inpatient and as out-patients
- Managing and reporting adverse events, including SAEs
- Reporting all safety-related information to the appropriate study personnel, and the sponsor if required
- Assisting the monitors during monitoring visits
- Fostering a relationship with clinic and hospital staff
- Reporting to collaborators and external stakeholders
- Involvement in manuscript preparation and submission
Required minimum education and training:
- A Medical Degree (MBChB)
- GCP training will be advantageous
- Excellent clinical skills
Required minimum work experience:
- Experience in TB/HIV/COVID-19 treatment
- Research experience or willingness to learn
- Experience with paediatrics and maternal health will be advantageous
Professional body registration:
- HPCSA Registration (Independent Practice)
- Medical Protection Society
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate in local languages advantageous
- Knowledge of MDR TB
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 31 August 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC - ILTBRU, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.