A Community Liaison Manager vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium's Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) in Matlosana, Klerksdorp - North West Province.
The Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) was established in 1996. The Perinatal HIV Research Unit has been involved in research, training, policy formation and advocacy in issues concerning HIV-positive women and their children.
In recent years the work of the unit has expanded beyond the original focus of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, to include treatment trials in adults and children, prevention research, psychosocial research and policy development. In addition, the Unit has developed an HIV vaccine clinical trials unit (HVCTU) and started with HIV Vaccine Trials back in 2001.
The unit is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in the field of research and policy in the area of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. It has also developed a reputation as a leading African research unit for clinical trials in adults and children with HIV, with one of the largest cohorts.
Main purpose of the job
- To liaise with the relevant stakeholders, educate the community regarding the projects and organize community interventions
- PHRU - Tshepong Hospital, Matlosana, Klerksdorp
Key performance areas
- Maintain existing relationships between the Unit, stakeholders, and the local community
- Identify prospective partnerships for research studies and establish relations
- Partake in community relations activities as directed by Management or as requested by stakeholders
- Promote the Unit to the community and stakeholders through positive representation and communication of its services
- Serve as the link between the various CABS (Community Advisory Boards) and the Unit
- Plan and facilitate the various CAB meetings ensuring the administration duties associated to CAB Activities
- Design platforms for the P. I’s and Directors to address and educate the communities regarding the projects being run
- Identify training needs for Community Board Members
- Facilitate induction and orientation for new CAB Members
- Provide regular and effective communication and feedback in respect of all CAB activities to all P. I’s and CRS Leaders
- Compile and submit general reports as required by networks and Unit Leadership Team
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks & activities and demonstrates effective self-management
- Manage colleagues and client’s expectation and communicate appropriately
Required minimum education and training
- Need a degree in Psychology/Social Work/Public Administration
- Good Clinical Practice Certificate (GCP)
- Driver’s License
- Microsoft Office computer literacy is essential
Required minimum work experience
- 3-5 Years working experience with NGO’s and CBO’s (Community Based Organisations)
- 2-Years’ experience within a research environment
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Ability to travel locally and internationally
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
Require good organizational, administrative and analytical skills
- Ability to generate reports
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 15 April 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.