A Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership (12 Months FTC) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium in Kwa-Zulu Natal. This Learnership is made possible by Wits Health Consortium in conjunction with the Department of Health's Health and Welfare Sector Education and Training Authority (HWSETA).
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited ("WHC") is a wholly-owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition, WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
Main purpose of the Learnership
- To provide unemployed Basic Pharmacist Assistants with an opportunity to successfully complete further education and training geared towards enabling the learner to qualify as a Pharmacist Assistant (Post Basic), whilst gaining experience working in Department of Health facilities
- Successfully complete a minimum of twelve month’s training at a registered Department of Health pharmacy under the supervision of an approved tutor
- Attend the required training interventions and successfully complete the competency assessments
- Complete and submit a Portfolio of Evidence
- Provide support to the healthcare team in the Pharmacy under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist and within the legal scope of practice as outline by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC)
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 10 with Maths/ Maths literacy (Essential)
- English as a first or second language (Essential)
- National Certificate: Pharmacy Assistance (Basic)
- Registered with SAPC (registration assistance will be provided where needed)
- Candidates must be South African citizens residing in KZN
- Candidates must be unemployed
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online - Note: If shortlisted on the first selection process, you will be supplied via email with a link which you will have to follow and complete in order to be considered for the final shortlisting process.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 26 February 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any other information regarding the position.