Main purpose of the job:
- To lead the technical and operations research strategy for HIV and gender-affirming health care for key populations (sex workers and transgender)
- Quality assures clinical service delivery across nine primary health care centers nationally
- Wits RHI – Blackwood, Parktown, Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- Provide technical leadership to HIV and gender-affirming health care for sex workers and the transgender community
- Develop strategies to ensure the accessibility and acceptability of health care services for key populations
- Capacitate and mentor site teams to deliver the technical strategy
- Quality assures clinical services across nine clinics in four provinces, including primary health care, sexual and reproductive health, gender-affirming hormone treatment, TB screening, and HIV prevention and treatment
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and budgets
- In collaboration with the Programme Head and Senior Advisors Community Engagement and Strategic Information, actively monitor site progress towards achievement of the 95-95-95 goals
- Contribute to data and narrative program reporting
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned and apply these lessons to modify existing and improve the design of new programs
- Contribute to research agenda by identifying research questions and writing grant proposals, protocols, and ethics applications
- Contribute to the development/revision of key population policy at district, provincial and national levels
- Ensure appropriate communication/feedback of good practice and research findings to relevant stakeholders
- Produce publications and/or reports relating to the research and program area
- Attend to all site manager staffing requirements and administration of up to nine sites (number to be confirmed)
Required minimum education and training:
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 8 years of senior management experience in complex projects
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Experience in working with key population patients and/or communities, particularly in the provision of HIV services and/or health care, especially in South Africa
- Familiarity with global key population health guidelines
- Familiarity with endocrinology and/or provision and monitoring of hormones for gender transitioning
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent degree
- Experience working with donor-funded programs and writing grant proposals and protocols, particularly with PEPFAR-funded programs
- Experience working in a research environment
- Demonstrated positive energetic leadership, management, and change management ability, including the ability to manage a diverse team
- Ability to adapt to complex situations, manage stress, and deliver goals pro-actively
- Be a proactive change agent with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of Wits RHI and partner organizations
- Willingness to travel
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 20 May 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Client, WHC - RHI, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.