Main purpose of the job:
- To provide statistical support for the conduct, design, conceptualization, and analysis of research projects in the Implementation Science Department, in particular, MOSAIC and Project PrEP and other projects within the unit as required
Key performance areas:
- Review and support the development of research protocol(s) with a focus on sampling methodologies, sample size, and proposed data analysis
- Develop study analysis plans
- Present the analysis plan(s) to relevant stakeholders and obtain feedback and revise as required
- Perform data analysis, prepare tables and write up methodologies used and results
- Contribute to the design and preparation of DSMB reports
- Contribute to and prepare publications
- Compile relevant reports and research findings to address questions that transpired from meetings, the management or donors’ requests
- Disseminate research results in an appropriate manner
- Stay abreast with literature relevant to research activities and statistical methodologies within the organization
- Conceptualize and design research projects such as meta-analyses (self-initiated or commissioned)
- Conduct literature reviews to determine what research has been done and what the gaps in knowledge are
- Write research proposals and, when required, funding proposals
- Collaborate closely with other investigators on related studies within the cluster and provide advice or guidance on study design, protocol, research tools, data analysis, and other research-related activities
- Provide expert advice and guidance on research database design, review specifications, and testing plan (if applicable)
- Contribute to the development of knowledge within the team by identifying relevant training needs and topics
- Develop relevant training material and presentations
- Conduct ad hoc research training interventions
- Participate and actively contribute to the STATA users group
- Participate actively in the research leadership groups and forums as required
- Provide statistical support to postgraduate degree students (local and international) in the development and completion of their research reports
- Review drafts of students’ research and analysis
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving your own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as forums, conferences, policy setting workshops, etc.
Required minimum education and training:
- Master's degree in Biostatistics
- Valid driver’s license (own transport)
- PhD would be desirable
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of research experience
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Practical experience in conducting research using various methodological designs
- Experience in data analysis (longitudinal data sets) and publication writing
- Familiarity with statistical software, particularly STATA
- Systematic and analytical approach to research
- Tactful, respectful and non-judgmental
- Good administrative skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a diverse/multidisciplinary team
- Assertive, confident, and adaptable
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 12 August 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC - RHI, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.