“We are a well-funded start-up, and in everything we do, we focus on empowering people to monitor and make informed health decisions proactively. We are simply bridging the gap in healthcare by taking privilege out of it using our patented solutions that allow you to manage your 360 degrees of care easily. We bring together the brightest minds to create disruptive technology solutions, helping our customers live healthier lives.
As our vision, we believe we are on the face of a digital world making access to healthcare and wellbeing accessible to all by making great user-centric products; we are not about to change.
Our mission is to provide healthcare equity by being the backbone of good health and wellness through innovative technologies for a new human-centric economy where the user controls their health because personal health and wellbeing have become the new currency.
This is a unique opportunity to join our growing team, build new products, and scale our systems to meet a >20x surge in demand during the next 12-18 months. We are truly a full-stack company, mobile, and cloud-first, with a great set of technical challenges to work on.”
- User first, the rest will fall in place: "great " just doesn't cut it for us
- Accessibility & simplicity: geological position should not restrict access care & information
- Compassion: communicating with impact
- CIA triangle badge: we ensure system confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Innovation: change is inevitable; we embrace it through agility
- Developing self & others drive result
- "The Collaboration Dance " is our signature move
What do they do?
"Our product is a smart 'anywhere' health monitoring system that allows users to create and manage a 360 degree of their health data, allowing them to proactively monitor and make informed health decisions. Other healthcare tools are costly, complex, and intimidating, whilst ours is beautiful and simple, and our customers love it."
Why you should join them:
- "We have promised to foster true innovation and create something enduring that can influence society by affording dignity to each person, regardless of social standing or background.
- We define our digital voice as passionate, requiring self-expression, daring, Inspirational, challenging the status quo. Highly dedicated and achievement-oriented with a highly developed aesthetic
- We are motivated by the idea of creating something new, unique, exciting, and innovative that will have meaning and endure value
- We fear conforming, stagnation, familiarity, disenchantment, and mediocrity
- Our goal is to help customers express or create and foster the best version of themself with dignity while using creative thinking to solve their problems
- Our motto is "creativity take a challenge, do not copy, create"
- We're on a mission to drive digital healthcare and wellbeing inclusion across Africa and disrupt traditional health monitoring and screening, and, in the process, define a new currency in health data.
- We have successfully built and tested our disruptive technologies. We are at a point where we can extend this to South Africa and Africa as a whole
- Currently, we operate from Johannesburg, with plans to scale across Africa, serving 1 million people by the end of 2023.
- We are a well-funded start-up which now gives us a significant runway to scale our team and deploy our capabilities sooner.
- You'll have the opportunity to use your expertise to shape the future of our products and drive our strategy to impact our success directly.
- What we're doing has never been done before. You'll have the opportunity to use your expertise to shape the future of our product and drive our strategy to impact our success directly.
Are you able to visualise robust backend infrastructure and micro-services better than Neo in the Matrix? We are looking for an extremely technical, self-driven, highly motivated individual to join our mobile team. You should be comfortable working in smaller teams and taking greater ownership of your work. You will get the opportunity to develop software solutions and participate in the end-to-end engineering process (design, develop and deploy) from the initial requirement through to production.
If you have...
- Diploma, Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Experience consuming an array of web services: JSON or XML
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Developing and maintaining all server-side components ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes, a bonus
- Any experience in AWS Cloud Tech, AWS developer associate certification, or AWS Serverless development is a bonus.
- Experience working with AWS cloud services
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports
- Have a thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Experience working with MongoDB
- Security + GDPR + POPIA are part of your development cycle
- Experience writing and maintaining end to end tests
- Have an awareness of Agile / Scrum methodologies or have worked in an Agile / Scrum team.
- Atlassian tool suite (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Extensive experience using Cloud-based IDE's and CI/CD pipelines like Bitrise, CodeMagic, Fastlane, AWS pipelines, CircleCI
The recruitment process
Our hiring process shouldn’t be based on human judgement alone.
Infused assessments to run fair and objective test campaigns.
Reveal potential candidates’ abilities without bias so that our tech team is filled with diversity, boost creativity and cultivate innovation.
1) Undergo a screening technical test (evaluate candidates’ coding skills with tech-friendly, hands-on programming tests)
2) A technical live test (developers to write, execute and debug code as part of our technical interview process)
3) In-person interview & offer if successful
4) 3-months-notice then permanent