Main purpose of the job:
- To undertake and support health policy and legal research on diet-related NCD Prevention
- School of Public Health, Parktown, Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- To provide research support for Priceless projects
- Experience with planning and working on grants
- Identify funding opportunities
- Assist with grant and report writing
- Conduct literature reviews, background research, weekly news, and publications round-up on developments related to NIH
- Participate in internal and external networks, workshops, and collaborative partnerships, representing PRICELESS
- Provide other research office support to the project leads
Required minimum education and training:
- LLB and Master's degree in Law
Required minimum work experience:
- 2 years of work experience (not sector-specific)
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Experience in legal research, public health law, or related field is desirable but not required
- Track record in research and publications will be advantageous
- Demonstrated interest in public health and NCD research will be highly advantageous
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 27 June 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC – PRICELESS SA, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.