Main purpose of the job:
- To coordinate data processing and management activities of program implementation and research projects such as developing standard operating procedures, overseeing data capturing, and providing analysis output and data quality control
- Blackwood, Parktown – Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- Provide technical input into research tool and database (REDCap, Power BI) design, as well as analysis and interpretation of data
- Manage Power BI data flow
- Manage Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping
- Develop and implement data management work plans
- Develop, implement and maintain all data related SOPs
- Quality assure all data in accordance with ethical and GCP requirements and SOPs
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of data management for respective projects
- Compile monthly/quarterly/annual progress reports as required
- Oversee the maintenance of participant files and archiving
- Participate in and represent the data management team at meetings as required
- Delegate the data capturing to Data Capturers
- Raise and resolve data queries with Data Capturers and/or clinic
- Provide support to relevant project staff and support them in the use of statistical software
- Import and export data between data management software programs
- Process and produce accurate data reports within required timeframes
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration
- Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff utilization and maintenance of sound labor relations
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action
- Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the organization
- Promote harmony, teamwork, and sharing of information
Required minimum education and training:
- Honors Degree in Information Technology or Statistics or Demography and Population Studies (or equivalent)
- Training in data analysis programs (STATA, SQL, Power BI, and Excel)
- A valid driver’s license
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in data management, analysis, and reporting
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Certification in good clinical practice and experience in a clinical trial or research environment will be an advantage
- Knowledge of SQL or Visual Basic will be an advantage
- Thorough with good attention to detail
- Ordered and systematic with a tendency to adhere to protocols
- Good administrative skills are required together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database packages
- Able to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated data capturing speed and accuracy
- Confidentiality, tact, and discretion must be maintained at all times
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 20 May 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC - RHI, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.