Our client in the Medical industry, based in Gauteng South and North-West is currently looking to employ an experienced Area Sales Manager.
An awesome career opportunity awaits.
- Degree, in a medical discipline or other relevant scientific field of study (B.Curr, B.Sc Science, Theatre technique).
- 5-10 years sales or theatre experience in the orthopedic (arthroplasty) industry.
- Proven sales performance over time in the orthopedic (arthroplasty) surgeon practices.
- Demonstrated leadership in community and/or professional organizations.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and disciplined in their working environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the orthopedic marketplace and related networks.
- Proven success with mid-level and senior healthcare professionals.
- Valid driver’s license and extensive travel will be required.
- Demonstrated analytical, business acumen, success in persuasion, influence and negotiation, leadership, ability to apply technical/scientific knowledge, flexibility to learn new products over time.
- Knowledge and experience in the selling process.
- Fluency in two of the official languages English and Afrikaans (advantageous).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Target, promote and sell our products to orthopedic surgeons and their mid-level providers and other healthcare providers as directed.
- Meeting and exceeding sales objectives for the territory.
- Represent the company as a leader in the industry and the marketplace, by working with a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals.
- Increase territory results by building and maintaining strong business relationships, and by developing and implementing sales strategies.
- Communicate with current and new customer accounts regarding a variety of topics, including product updates, changes to product portfolio, and educational programs.
- Implement new sales plans and effective marketing strategies to position the organization competitively and to meet/exceed territory objectives.
- Field calls for the assigned territory, including technical assistance in theatre.
- Support compliance and the principles of responsibility by acting ethically and with integrity.
- Work with the country manager by receiving coaching, training, or mentoring; transfer. knowledge to peer sales managers.
- Maintain training in sales skills, product features/benefits, and other critical business applications.
- Collect competitive data and remain current on industry, customer, and competitive trends.
- Attend sales meetings and professional association meetings, occasionally outside of working hours.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.