Our client is looking for a highly skilled, motivated and dedicated individual who would like to be part of the team.
Purpose of the job:
Providing top quality care to patients, while also upholding the values of accountability, respect, and integrity. They are also responsible for managing the individualised patient care by promoting and restoring patients' health through the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support and supervising assigned team members.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Assisting doctors with in-room procedures.
- Wound dressing.
- Small medical and surgical procedures.
- Family planning.
- Flu vaccinations.
- Baby immunizations.
- Health education and counselling of members.
- Health risk assessments.
- Distribution of chronic medication within the centre.
- Wellness and disease management education.
- “Freedom of Choice” campaign.
- Conducting health awareness campaigns outside the centres e.g., at shafts` level.
- Manage all wellness and chronic patients.
- Spreadsheet with all results to be completed and sent to centre manager.
- IRP follow-ups daily.
- Billing own patients on Trimed daily.
- Disease management follow-ups daily.
- Recording the activity and results on the system.
- Maternity programme, bags, and treatment.
- HIV and TB testing, monitoring, and counselling.
- Only performing clinical functions within the scope of practice of a professional nurse.
- Complying with protocols and procedures relating to waste disposal, medicines, emergency equipment, confidentiality etc.
- Compliance with company rules when assisting members and providing primary care.
- Reporting any inappropriate behaviour or misconduct to centre manager or fund manager.
- Ensuring that all hygiene and infection control protocols are upheld and report to centre manager.
- Inputting information on TriMed and running the required reports and updates.
- Stock control and management also assisting with stock taking and inventory listing.
- Keeping and recording appropriate medical records on the member’s files.
- Actively participate in preparation of the centre for audits and maintaining the required standards throughout.
- Assisting with the management of the centres when the Centre Manager is not at work.
- Supervise if checklists are done, emergency trolleys, fridge, fire extinguisher by responsible person and to counsel them if it is not done.
- Staff supervision.
- Financial management.
- To know how the documents are paid on File Director.
- Petty cash.
- Procedures how to go to order medication and other financial goods through principle manager.
- Complete claim forms for locum and permanent staff in the absence of the centre manager and adhere to deadlines.
- Follow up with staff for meticulous entries on the SAGE service.
- Assisting members with any queries.
- Feedback to members on clinical decisions.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council South Africa (valid membership)
- 4-year nursing qualification with midwifery
- Valid SANC registration
- Post-graduate qualification in nursing administration an advantage
- Dispensing license
- Computer literacy (MS Office package)
- At least two years practical experience as a professional nurse.
- Experience in management will be beneficial
- Knowledge of ICD-10 codes and procedures
- Knowledge of primary health care
- Customer Care Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills both written, verbal and telephonic.
- Strong Administration Skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills and diligence
- Punctuality and time consciousness
- Must be able to work under pressure and use own initiative