A Finance Administrator vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium in Parktown, Johannesburg - Gauteng.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited ("WHC") is a wholly-owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition, WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof
Main purpose of the job
- To provide effective, comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the Grants Department and assist in the implementation of various Grant finance-related activities and tasks
Key performance areas
- Collect and review timesheets on a monthly basis
- Record and archive finance documents and file all grant documents including contracts, reports, PMVs, bank statements, management packs and journals
- Photocopying all fund documents as required by the donor
- Scanning donor reports and supporting documents to Shared Point
- Assist Grant Accountants with the opening of new sites/projects/contracts and updating the site database
- Procure and maintain all stationery for the department
- Assist with addressing grant queries with suppliers & site admin teams
- Maintain an efficient tracking system for all documents to and from various departments and sites, foreign payment processing and assist with the tracking of new grant contracts and adding to the database
- Assist and facilitate the new bank opening process and completion of deposit transfer forms
- Assist in compiling audit files.
- Quality assure all documentation for WHC and donor compliance
- Prepare finance packs for relevant site audits and queries
- Attend relevant training sessions as presented from time to time
- Stay abreast with current policies and procedures
- Assist in resolving compliance queries timeously
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12
- A relevant business administration certificate or diploma will be an advantage
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ financial reporting experience in a healthcare or donor-funded environment
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Must maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion at all times
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills are required together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have a confident personality with a proactive approach
- Must be able to exercise discretion, initiative and independent decision-making
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work to tight time scales
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 14 April 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.