Main purpose of the job:
- Receiving, processing and storage of samples
- Anson Road, Observatory - Cape Town
Key performance areas:
Specimen receipt and processing -:
- Verify if information on the specimen matches the laboratory requisition form
- Receive specimens and follow rejection criteria
- Data entry of specimens on LIMS according to defined protocols
- Separation and labelling specimens
- Generation of specimen worklists
- Generation of specimen referral lists
- Data capturing on LIMS (LDMS/Meditech)
- Specimen storage on LDMS
- PBMC specimen processing and storage
Laboratory administration -:
- Record keeping and archive of documents as directed by protocols
- Demonstrate cost consciousness and assists in meeting budgetary targets
Quality control -:
- Perform QC checks on data entries
- Monitor temperature for freezers, fridges and testing and processing areas
- Perform equipment preventive maintenance and maintain records
- Monitor and control stock levels
- Monitor and control workflows and turnaround times
- Reports quality related problems and attempts to solve them and reports to laboratory manager
- Follow SOPs at all times
- Quality Control of samples before shipments
- Respond to and report quality control issues to laboratory manager and project manager
Required minimum education and training:
- Certificate: Medical Technician
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 2 years as a Medical Technician
Professional body registration:
- Health Professions Council of South Africa (Medical Technician)
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) courses
- Experience in a Clinical Trial environment will be advantageous
- Must be meticulous
- The incumbent will be exposed to hazardous and infectious samples
- Adherence to safety protocols
- Meeting turnaround times is critical
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 01 July 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC - VIDA, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.