CLINICAL TUTOR / FACILITATOR
• Provide leadership and management of the learning process within the clinical environment.
• Annual review of the Training Plan.
• Maintenance of OH&S obligations.
• Identify situations where supervision, guidance and teaching are required.
• Foster links within the health industry and nursing colleges responsible for student placements.
• Maintain proactive, positive interaction and communication with the unit managers, staff, colleges teams and students.
• Assist personnel to populate their Inservice Training Development Program, through reflection on clinical outcomes related to learning outcomes.
• Identify existing potential learning opportunities within LPHH and ensure that that these links with the learning needs of different nursing categories.
• Lead the staff completion of required documentation such as nursing notes, intake and output charts, vital data charts etc.
• Contribute to the identification, selection and evaluation of staff due for training.
• Monitor and maintain adherence to policies and procedures in the ward environment.
• In conjunction with the Unit Managers, monitor performance of personnel against minimum identified standards.
• Participate in the development of and preparation of newly qualified, registered nurses and newly appointed unit managers.
• Participate in facilitating feedback to the practice placement area and LPHH students’ evaluation of their practice placement experience.
• Develops, maintains, implements and review policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility, philosophy and operational training policies while maintaining compliance with SANC, OHSC and DoH regulations.
• Providing clinical guidance, support, supervision in the wards.
• Facilitate and register for the doctors and nursing personnel CPD / educational programmes.
• B. Cur in Nursing / Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery.
• Diploma in Nursing Administration is advantageous.
• A Degree / Diploma in Nursing Education is recommended.
• Registered with the South African Nursing Council.
• Professional Indemnity / Association.
• At least 3 years clinical experience in a Private Hospital is preferred.
• Has evidence or ability to present material appropriately in a variety of formal and informal setting.
• Has evidence of experience and commitment to education practice.
• Able to function independently.
• Proficiency in English both verbal and written.
• Computer literacy.