- An established private inpatient Substance Abuse Rehabilitation facility which will relocate from Durban to Sunwich Port (Port Shepstone) requires a complement of permanent nursing staff for its new location.
- Posts commence on the 1st of July 2021.
- The facility provides evidence-based acute and post-acute inpatient care to persons undergoing medically-managed withdrawal from heroin, cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamine, prescription medication and other habit-forming substances. Acute detox, post-acute stabilisation and maintenance care is planned individually for each patient over the course of (on average) 28 days.
- The facility operates two units on the same premises: a 10-bed unit for females, and a 20-bed unit for males.
- Nursing Diploma from an accredited academic or training institution.
- Must have current active registration as an Enrolled Nurse with the South African Nursing Council
- Two years post-qualification experience working as an Enrolled Nurse PREFERRED, not essential.
- Previous experience in Hospital Care, Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Medicine, Mental Health Care HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Basic computer and smartphone literacy.
- Must be skilled in basic nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Must have good inter-personal skills, and excellent patient skills.
- At least 3 CONTACTABLE professional references.