Our client is looking for a highly skilled, motivated and dedicated individual who would like to be part of the team.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Management and supervision of nursing and administration employees employed at medical and dental centres.
- Co-ordination and submission of payroll documentation for all centres.
- Petty cash control and approval of centre
- Ordering and reconciling of stock, stationery, and groceries according to approved budget for all centres.
- Purchasing function (raise purchase orders and obtain quotes)
- Ensuring that stock taking is done on a regular basis and that inventories are maintained.
- Overseeing and signing off billing transaction analysis and ensuring that all information processed on system correctly.
- Ensuring that staff comply with admin processes and procedures
- Ensuring that all IT issues are addressed and reported on time.
- Walk in process implemented and adhered to.
Disease Management Function:
- Ensuring that the centre follows the correct procedures regarding disease management and meet their targets.
Customer Care Function:
- Dealing with all escalated member complaints and concerns.
Medical and Dental Centre Compliance Functions:
- Ensuring that all staff have the necessary updated qualifications and registrations with councils and regulatory bodes to perform their functions, this included temporary staff.
- Ensuring that all medical and dental protocols are communicated to the staff and are complied with.
- Reporting any anomalies, incidents, or high-risk areas to the Fund Manager.
- Ensuring that the confidentiality of documents and information is always upheld.
- Ensuring that all emergency equipment is functional and meets the required standard.
- Ensure that all medical staff only perform functions that are in their scope of practice.
- Ensure that all medicine and medical equipment is stored correctly. FIFO first in and first out procedure is followed.
- Assisting with the compilation of protocols and procedures.
- Ensure that General Assistants follow the protocol and control and cleaning of linen.
Co-ordination of special projects such as:
- Wellness days and Health and Lifestyle campaigns.
- Freedom of Choice promotion campaigns.
Cost Centre Management:
- Ensuring that the medical and dental centres run efficiently whilst maintaining and implementing cost management measures.
- Regular communication to staff regarding centre productivity and costs.
- Completing and submitting various reports to stakeholders.
Delivery of Primary Healthcare
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Assisting doctors with in-room procedures
- Health risk assessments.
- Wound dressing
- Small medical and surgical procedures
- Family planning
- Flu vaccinations.
- Baby immunizations, milestones development
- Health education and counselling of members.
- HIV-VCT Counselling/follow-ups, stats submitted
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- 4 Year Nursing Qualification with midwifery
- Valid SANC Registration
- Post-graduate Qualification in Nursing administration an advantage
- Dispensing license
- Computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Valid driver’s license and own transport which can be used for business purposes as there will be a need to travel to various providers, other medical centers and hospitals.
- Strong administration skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of a medical scheme and terminology
- 1 – 2 years’ experience managerial and or leadership experience.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in primary healthcare clinic.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in private healthcare institution.