One of our clients, Wits Health Consortium (RHI) is busy with a School-Based HIV and Violence Prevention Programme countrywide. This Project created career opportunities for Professional Nurses (NIMART) for a 6 months contract period with the potential to become permanent depending on funding.
Required minimum education and training:
- Relevant Nursing diploma or equivalent
- South African Nursing Council
- Minimum 3 years experience in public health and Nimart certificate or at least 2 years managing ART clients and in the process of getting NIMART certificate; dispensing license
Location: FREE STATE (Bethlehem - Thabo Mofutsanyane) - (2 positions available in this region)
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Essential: Certification/experience in sexual and reproductive health (particularly contraception and STI management); and HIV prevention and management. Sound technical knowledge of PEP, PrEP, ARV, TB-HIV integration, treatment, and care of infectious diseases.
- Desirable: Knowledge of national, provincial, and district health structures.
- Experience working in a donor-funded organization / NGO or project-based environment and desirable to have experience working with schools and institutions of higher learning.
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making.
- Able to prioritize own workload and work towards deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to speak other African languages.
The main purpose of the job:
- To initiate PrEP, manage SRHR client needs, screen for TB and NCDs, provide HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT) and manage minor ailments in support of the achievement of School-Based HIV and Violence prevention programme targets; to lead the community-level team in the implementation of the programme, and in quality improvement activities to ensure the quality of care for HIV/TB clients ( youth and adults) and AGYW
- Clinical care and treatment
- Quality improvement (QI) needs assessment and program implementation.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist Clinical Mentor with maintaining good pharmacy practice
- Effective self-management and performance ownership
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- CLOSING DATE - 24 May 2022
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- Note our clients may expire jobs at their own discretion.
- AJ PERSONNEL will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not received a response within two (2) weeks from applying, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.