Leading refrigerated body company is looking For a Mechanical Engineer in the East Rand.
Mechanical Engineer / Draughtsman Requirements: At least 10 years relevant experience in manufacturing, steel fabrication and mechanical environment.
- Knowledge of steel fabrication / Refrigerated body and production line essential;
- Mechanical Engineering Degree - Non negotiable;
- SA Citizen or SA ID is a requirement;
- Proficient in AutoCAD / CAM and Inventor / Sigma Nesting programs;
- Ability to solve problems and give technical guidance to draughtsman / workshop managers / foreman / QC
- Manage projects from onset to completion;
- Research of truck & Chassis technology an advantage;
- Analyze problems to see how a mechanical device might help solve the problem
- Design or redesign mechanical devices, creating blueprints so the device can be built
- Develop a prototype of the device and test the prototype
- Analyze the test results and change the design as needed
- Oversee the manufacturing process