We have a Sales Manager vacancy at one of our clients in a manufacturing plant that is part of a listed entity. Long established brand. R40k- R100k p.m. travel allowance, cell phone allowance, commission, Greater Cape Town, Western Cape
- National Diploma in Sales on NQF 5 as a minimum
- B-degree in Sales or related field on NQF level # 6 or higher preferred
- 5 years’ experience in a sales related environment with a proven track record
- 5 years’ experience in sales of manufactured goods into a retail environment
- 5 years’ experience in the sales of branded / lifestyle products into a retail preferred
JOB COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- In depth understanding of the sales environment and sales strategies
- In depth understanding and knowledge of company manufactured products
- In depth understanding of the supply and demand chain
- In depth understanding of client / customer relationship management
- Comprehensive understanding of the retail environment, both groups and independent
- Comprehensive understanding of legal implications and requirements regarding commercial contracts, service level agreements and service contracts
- Comprehensive understanding of documentary requirements during submission of proposals, tenders, service level agreements and contracts
- Comprehensive understanding of building and maintaining customer relationships, dealing with customer complaints and customer enquiries
- Comprehensive understanding of short- and long-term sales cycles
- Comprehensive understanding of finance, accounting, and cost accounting to ensure maximization on profit margins and accurate forecasting
- Comprehensive understanding of debtors, debt collection and all other processes related to the effective collection of revenue
- Comprehensive understanding of all related legislation and ability to ensure compliance to relevant legislation (OHSA, BCEA, LRA, NCA, CPA, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of economic and business concepts, and be able to assist in achieving both short-term and long-term sales strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of fabrics, leather, fashion elements
- Ability to provide input into divisional sales objectives through accurate forecasting models, industry, and market norms
- Ability to demonstrate good problem solving, decision making, negotiation and innovative skills.
- Presentation skills with the ability to influence credibly at all levels up to senior stakeholders
- Must be highly numerate, financially astute and be able to understand budgeting and forecasting processes
- Excellent administration, analytical and organizational skills
- Must know how to negotiate and close deals under pressure
- Ability to build sound relationships prospective clients, identify potential new clients and build relationships with them, identify new / untapped markets, implement and execute plans to create new opportunities / markets and capitalize on created opportunities / markets
- Ability to perform sales and market research to identify and capitalize on opportunities
- Ability to Achieve Sales targets, adhere to call cycle and frequency expectation
- Ability to Ensure that the agreed merchandise is displayed appropriately with proper signage and favorable floor space
- Proficient computer literacy in Social media platforms, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and company related software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing
- Must have unendorsed driver’s license and must be willing to travel by road / air both domestically and other African countries (where applicable)
- Must be a high capacity individual, a self-starter, self-motivated and be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- Please note AJ Personnel is responsible for the recruitment process.
- Our client may expire jobs at their own discretion.
- AJ PERSONNEL will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- If you have not received a response within two (2) weeks from applying, your application was most likely unsuccessful