Our client has a position available in their organization for a qualified Materials, Planning and Logistics Manager, based in Port Elizabeth.
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics or Purchasing Management (BTech essential).
- At least 10 years working experience at senior management level at a Tier 1 OEM supplier.
- Experience with imports and exports of automotive components.
- knowledge and understanding of custom regulations and procedures.
- detailed understanding of OEM logistic requirements and procedures including MMOG.
- Computer literate.
- Impeccable disciplinary and attendance records.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organizational skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills when meeting external customers.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for storing the right amounts of materials, goods, and products in the right locations to feed the companies operational and customer demands.
- Responsible for integrating individual customer logistics requirements with the warehouse management system.
- Responsible for receiving, analyzing, and inputting weekly customer releases into the EFOS system.
- Ensure that the right resources are available internally and when required to meet customer volume demands.
- Be the point of contact for customers regarding any logistic topics and any deviations to the delivery schedule.
- Responsible for managing and development of the entire MP and L team.
- Responsible for innovation and cost reduction projects within the department.
- Responsible for implementation and management EHS requirements in the department.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.