We have an Accountant vacancy at one of our clients, a long established, highly successful medium size company with 500 employees. RNeg, Honeydew â Johannesburg
Accountants with Business Management must assist with managerial planning and commercial decision-making tasks by providing appropriate financial information and undertaking related accounts administration.
Must have an exceptional mathematical mind combined with a strong business orientation.
Must be able to assume responsibility of cost accounting tasks and be both a strategist and a decision maker.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with strong business management skills with references.
- Preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues
- Supervising a team of accounting administrators
- Creating business strategies to generate shareholder value.
- Create financial models of new businesses opportunities to identify income generating opportunities and risks
- Analyse current business operations to verify the relevance of the specific action and/or entity in terms of profitability and contribution to the organisational architecture.
- Analyse and interpret financial information in the statement of financial position and statement of financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis in group of companies
- Forecast estimates for the predicted use of financial resources against the budgeted financial resources during a given fiscal year or period of a project.
- Monitor the actual use of financial resources against the approved budget and identify variances during projects.
- Report findings and action taken to the appropriate authorities.
- Comply with the legal and statutory framework of policies, business processes, procedures and standards pertaining to recording, classifying, monitoring, and reporting on use and disposition of financial resources.
- Establish, maintain, and apply an institution-specific framework of policies, business processes, procedures and standards pertaining to recording, classifying, monitoring, and reporting on the use and disposition of financial resources.
- Create management reports on a regular basis that are relevant to decision-making processes, measuring performance against measures and targets (output and outcomes) established during finance management planning, against budget objectives, and/or against financial management performance standards used within the industry.
- Evaluating and analysing findings, and exploring options for corrective action.
- Complete and process credit applications from suppliers and customers
- Review all invoices issued on accounting package
- Reconciliation of bank statements, client and supplier accounts
- Issue invoices to the relevant client for payment – receive details of invoice to be issued from project manager/engineer
- Issue statement monthly and send out for payment timeously
- Follow up on outstanding payments not received within ageing period – late payments to be reported to project engineer / Management
- Liaise with debtors / creditors to address account related queries
- Verify discrepancies and resolve billing issues
- Project SD&L Administration
- Forex payment administrations
- Supplier price negotiations
- Commercial Property Lease agreements, OTP’s, Transfers
- Consolidate SARS queries
- Submission of CIPC annual Returns
- Monitor project values, annual subscriptions of CIDB.
- BBBEE Audit preparations and research
- Customer vender registrations
- Supplier assessments and applications during project tenders
- Weekly updating and indices, annual renewals of SEIFS PIPS
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- Please note AJ Personnel is responsible for the recruitment process.
- Our client may expire jobs at their own discretion.
- AJ PERSONNEL will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- If you have not received a response within two (2) weeks from applying, your application was most likely unsuccessful