An Opportunity for an Area Sales Consultant for one of our clients in the manufacturing distribution industry to be based in KZN - Newcastle
The purpose of this position is to ensure achievement of business objectives, managing and expanding existing client base, cold calling, setting and achieving sales targets and revenue growth generated through personal performance, ensure that best management practices are followed in all areas of responsibility regarding equipment sales procedures and actions, ensuring a customer oriented service and to implement and uphold actions in line with company strategic vision.
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible to plan, prepare, submit and ensure achievement of unit sales targets, growth and profitability targets, cold calling and customer visit targets in an assigned sales territory – all of these to be set and determined in conjunction with Regional Sales Manager
- Responsible to accurately collect customer information, ensure that it is submitted timeously to responsible person to capture on Kerridge system and ensure follow-up activities are carried out
- Responsible to meet sales growth / market share increase objectives in assigned sales territory; responsible for total sales process – introduction of of the company's product offering to new clients / revisiting the product offering with existing clients, engage potential customers into the sales process, get to the right person, convert prospects into qualified leads, work in unison with Operations Manager to use appropriate selling skills and techniques to ensure it is converted into a sale / to close the deals
- Responsible to ensure quality of customer interaction and service (develop and implement strategy to ensure proper / scheduled cover of sales territory assigned, developing partnerships with clients and be solution driven; evaluation of own development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge / skills are addressed).
- Sound financial management of deals in line with budget and company strategic objectives (ensure the quality of rental business activated is in line with company objectives; ensure order take targets, invoicing targets and GP targets are met, ensure key administrative support functions are diligently executed, e.g. delivery and collection of contracts; ensure discounts are approved / within limits; ensure site inspections are carried out; etc.).
- Preparation and presentation of reports as and when required.
- Drive customer service and ensure all actions are in line with company’s vision and values
- Participative responsibility to grow department in line with company requirements
- Ability to develop and implement operational innovation.
- Grade 12 / Matric + relevant tertiary qualification
- Proven, successful track record and experience in sales in the materials handling or related industry; minimum 3 years experience in similar position
- Excellent work ethic – honest, reliable, hardworking, dedicated, takes pride in work carried out
- Dedication to service excellence in every aspect of work carried out; strong focus on internal and external customer service; ability to build long-term relationships with colleagues and external customers
- Ability to take customers through the sales process
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
- Ability to negotiate on a win-win basis in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration