A vacancy exists for a Senior Technician – Metal Forming on day shift at our client in Rosslyn. The incumbent will report directly to the Technical Manager.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- N6 Mechanical Engineering
- Qualified artisan (Fitter & Turner, Millwright or Toolmaker)
- Qualified Can Forming Canmaker
- Tertiary Managerial and Supervisory qualifications will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 5-year Supervisory experience
- Distinct and in-depth knowledge of all Metal Forming Equipment (Minimum 7 years’ experience and full internal qualification on all Metal Forming Equipment)
- This is not an administrative position and as a result the position required this employee to physically work on the equipment.
- A detailed and in depth understanding of all manufacturing Quality parameters and processes.
- CRI Training facilitator
- Strong Teamwork orientation
- Excellent Troubleshooting and fault-finding abilities
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all Metal Forming equipment are well maintained to specification and at the required standards
- Actively participate with online Training where and if required.
- Participate and act as an official Coach for CRI Training
- Manage all Metal Forming equipment rebuilds, and ensure rotational procedure is adhered to as per OEM.
- Participate in Planning Maintenances and Conversions.
- Manage and control Replenishment process of all Metal Forming equipment spares as per OEM and Plant Procurement requirements.
- Manage all mechanical technicians
- Keeping up to date with the latest technological developments in the various Metal Forming equipment and techniques.
- Must be willing to assist with ad hoc projects and normal production support on an irregular basis.
- Maintenance control in Metal Forming Dept
- This position requires regular callouts at any time of day to attend to manufacturing problems, and as a result requires the employee to have his/her own private transport