Ever considered relocating internationally? If you're looking for a new challenge in United States, Des Moines IA, we'd love to hear from you!
About our Client:
Our Des Moines, IA manufacturing client has a Human Resources Manager opening. The HR Manager is responsible for HR programs including labor relations, employee relations, recruiting, building leadership capability and the talent pipeline, organization effectiveness and driving cultural transformation which contributes toward achieving company goals.
- Must have 4-year degree along with strong manufacturing HR Generalist background.
- US Citizen | Green Card
- Requires Union/Labor relations experience
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on strategic issues and new initiatives
- Lead the planning, implementation, execution, evaluation and assessment of results for specific projects ensuring alignment company strategies, commitments and goals.
- Assist in the execution of organizational changes and cultural transformation to position for future growth.
- Demonstrate ability to use data to solve real-world HR problems.
- Reinforce a culture of high performance through excellence in the areas of recruiting, employee retention, employee development and performance management.
- Lead the plant’s talent development review process and implement identified actions resulting from the process, including overall employee development programs, specific training for high potential employees and performance management for underperforming employees.
- Coordinate with the plant Human Resources Generalists, the proper handling of employee problems, disciplinary actions, and resolution of employee complaints to provide fair and consistent treatment.
- Provide coaching and counseling to all levels of management to assure consistent employee treatment.
- Work with the Corporate HR and Legal departments in the handling of critical employee issues, disciplinary actions, and resolution of employee complaints to provide fair and consistent treatment.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws for employee practices and policies, employee relations, salary and wage administration and required training.
- Develop and implement training and development strategies required to meet the needs of the overall strategic direction of the company.
- Monitor and govern the administration of the Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity plans.
- Develop and implement recruiting strategies and programs in support of the company’s diversity efforts.
- Apply analytical skills to develop and leverage appropriate metrics to drive performance across key HR processes.
- Bachelor’ degree in HR, business or related field required. MBA or Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Must have Labor Relations background.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of seven years related experience in progressively responsible roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required, project management experience a plus.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off