Food Technologist/Food Safety Officer
Thursday, 26 August 2021
Manufacturing - Manufacturing Production
Key Performance Areas:
• To ensure that the highest quality and food safe products are produced through development & management of GMPs, GMP audits, deep cleaning schedules and processes, ensuring the high cleaning and pest control standards
• To manage pest control contracts effectively.
• Knowledge of specifications
• Microbiological sampling & interpretation of results.
• To manage product safety and quality through GMPs, FSSC 22000 and HACCP systems, ensuring site compliance.
• Develop and manage food safety documentation.
• To manage the Allergen Control Program for the sites
• To manage and improve the site’s HACCP Program.
• Conduct Food Safety Training and Inductions for site personnel
• To manage Third party audits.
• Conduct food safety and HACCP meetings.
• Manage supplier compliance.
• To ensure food safety training is conducted within the scope of food safety at the company.
• Ideally 2-5 years’ experience in the food industry in quality assurance and food safety.
• National Diploma/ Degree in Food Technology or equivalent qualification essential
• Advanced HACCP training/Certification in FSSC 22000;
• FSA & Nando’s audit knowledge and experience
• SANS 10049, SANS 10330 compliance knowledge
• FSSC 22000 standards