Our client is seeking to employ a procurement Manager in their organization, based in Port Elizabeth/ Gqeberha.
- Tertiary degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 5 years procurement management experience required.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience preferable.
- Understand the impact of the production plan on procurement.
- Ability to compile and review supply agreements (including Commercial Law understanding).
- Manage and control the MRP system on SAP.
- Understand Incoterms and customs regulations.
- Ability to review and negotiate sea and air freight tenders.
- Prioritizing skills are essential.
- Computer literacy required, including SAP, Excel, Word and Outlook 365.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a reliable flow of materials in accordance with set quality standards and an optimum price to Production to satisfy the production plan. This includes the activity of constantly reviewing the stock-holding, minimum order quantity and re-order levels to ensure stock-holding is sufficient to meet the production plan and taking ultimate responsibility for stock levels in the warehouse.
- Assist Creditors Department with payment queries.
- Negotiate prices and terms of delivery for production materials and consumables.
- Draw up supply agreements where necessary.
- Monitor supplier performance and co-ordinate corrective action where necessary.
- Contract administration and execution
- Evaluate and implement the right sourcing strategies for all purchasing activities.
- Run new projects for the procurement department
- Manage and control the MRP system on SAP, by running exception reports to ensure accuracy of purchase orders.
- Design and implement a Procurement Order control system, to allow the management of Working Capital in line with budget.
- Design and Implement supplier performance and tracking reports in line with Quality Assurance / Vendor Management
- Design and Implement best practices to be GMP and audit compliant.
- Prepare monthly reports and status update of cost saving projects
- Identify alternative cost-effective sources of raw materials and components.
- Manage the individual cost saving projects ensuring they are always going forward.
- Manage the relationships between the different departments to ensure testing and approval happens timeously.
- This activity must be managed systematically and be documented.
- Ensure Forecasting completed and submitted to suppliers on a monthly basis.
- Adherence to safety, health, and environment regulations as well as ensuring the availability and adherence to PPE requirements. Proactively act to prevent any possible safety incidents in area of responsibility.
- From time to time carry out other jobs within the department / factory, which are consistent with the grade, qualification and training of the incumbent.
Budget and Cost Control:
- Control and optimize the cost within the department.
- Set quality and performance KPI’s for the department and monitor the departmental. performance on a defined frequency.
- Continuously improve processes to introduce World Class Manufacturing practices within the business.
- Identify opportunities for productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Manage all personnel in the department and provide ongoing performance feedback to staff as and when required.
- Ensure that all personnel in the department is developed and trained as required by the various job functions.
- Ensure best working practices within the department.
- Set quality and performance KPI’s for the department and monitor the departmental performance on a defined frequency.
- Oversee the development, implementation of and the adherence to the Quality Management System for the department.
- Ensure compliance to all QM controlled processes and documents.
- Represent the department during inspections and audits.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.