The successful applicant will be accountable for providing preventative maintenance and attend to mechanical and electrical breakdowns to ensure plant availability and minimize downtime.
Overview of Key Activities:
- Conduct breakdown maintenance, complete proactive maintenance / maintain all company forklifts.
- Perform planned maintenance tasks on mechanical (including hydraulic equipment) and electrical equipment related to forklifts and trucks.
- Ensure all forklifts have undergone annual load testing
- Adhere to industry environmental, safety and the OHASA standards.
- Perform fault finding.
- Safety installations and compliance.
- Using the planned maintenance system with reference to maintenance schedules and shutdown maintenance schedules.
- Adherence to both industry quality standards and the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Where appropriate, overseeing work of contractors on site.
- Providing support & assistance to all departments.
The Essential requirements are as follows:
- Must be a qualified Forklift Mechanic that has passed a recognized trade test with a minimum of 5 years post apprenticeship experience OR
- A qualified Diesel Mechanic with a minimum of 5 years post apprenticeship experience on forklifts.
- Must be able to fault find, work independently and be a team player.
- Must be willing to perform breakdown services.
- Must be prepared to work shifts, stand-by and/or overtime at short notice.
- Multi brand experience ( Mitsubishi, Toyota, TCM, Kalmar specifically) will be advantageous.
- Must have own reliable transport.
- Be prepared to complete an assessment.
Advantageous requirement are as follows:
- Auto electrical experience or qualification.
- Be able to TIG/MIG/ARC weld.
- Hydraulic experience or qualification.
- Code 14 driver’s license.
- Truck and trailer repair experience.