A world class and a leading producer of stainless steel products is seeking to appoint a Production Engineer (Steelplant AOD) to their dynamic Management team.
- BEng (preferably Pyro Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering, Physical Metallurgy will be considered).
- 5 years’ experience in the steelmaking process, plus systems knowledge (energy and mass balance models).
- SHE and quality procedure.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of Steelplant EAF/Caster and Raw Materials would be an added advantage.
- Be able to handle stress, shows excellent attention to detail when dealing with high volumes of data and employs analytical ability to coach professional and skilled team members.
- Be proactive self-driven team player who is able to work independently.
- High quality and safety standards.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizing skills.
- Strong leadership, good judgement, management skills and strong business acumen.
- The nature of the post necessitates physical fitness to cope in an environment with extreme heat, dust and noise without fear of heights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimize the and continuously improving the production processes adhering to QCDSM (Quality, Costs, Delivery, Safety and Moral) framework.
- Ensure that business KPA’s and KPI’s are met.
- Overseeing the three shift production teams, ensuring safety and quality compliance within the team In accordance with the relevant standards and cost effective effectively executing all production related activities.
- Custodian of metallurgical processes through reporting, analyzing and monitoring the production process and product quality.
- Recommending improved processes based n trials and responsible for ensuring the implementation of the corrective actions.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within two weeks.