KEW Foundries (Kimberley, Northern Cape), has a vacancy for a Melting Shift Supervisor. A Gr. 12 (with Maths) & Physics (preferred). A tertiary qualification in the Field of Metallurgy is required.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 4 Years’ experience in a Foundry Environment after Qualification
• At least 2 years’ experience in melting and production of castings as well as testing of materials for compliance to specifications.
• Knowledge of operating Induction Furnace will be an advantage.
• Good knowledge in the production of Grey and SG Iron castings
• Verbal and written Communication skills in English and Afrikaans
• Must be able to interpret material specification and calculate charge make-up accordingly as well as adjustments based on spectro analysis.
• Good knowledge in the use of a spectrometer and interpretation of spectrometer report.
• Planning of work to achieve production output targets and work with minimum supervision
• Effective supervision of melting team on day & night shift
• Operate Melting furnaces and cooling systems including loading of furnaces
• Material testing using spectrometer and micro analysis of material
• Calculate alloy additions to achieve correct metal analysis as per specifications
• Ensure Temperature and Digilab Equipment are calibrated and operational.
• Identification of Foundry Returns according to colour code
• Cold furnace start up with prescribed billet charge
• Supervise breaking out, relining, sintering of furnaces and breaking out, repairing and relining of ladles including air drying of new ladle linings
• Check furnace lining as per procedure & complete records. Supervise repair of furnace, ladle spouts and furnace lining
• Calculate and supervise positioning of mould counter-weights
• Check that moulds are clamped, bolted and sealed prior to casting
• Preheat ladles & Control casting temperature
• Performance management of staff
• Work Shifts as and when required
Female Applicants encouraged to apply. Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Remuneration package depends on the successful applicant’s qualifications & experience. Should you not receive a response to your application, please consider it to be unsuccessful. Please send CV’s to Jill Lodder e-mail: email@example.com or Fax: 053 841 0473. Cut-off date for applications is the 1st July 2022.
Private Bag x 6062
KEW Foundries has over 100 years experience in the foundry and engineering industry, specialising in a wide range of small to large castings in Grey and SG Iron.
The company offers an extensive range of hand-moulded castings with the production of sophisticated castings up to 7 000 kg and mass weight castings up to 7 500 kg. Additionally, KEW Foundries is the only supplier of cast headgear sheave wheels in Africa and can machine head gear sheave wheel assemblies up to 7,1 metre outside diameter.
KEW Foundries has its own extensive foundry and engineering capabilities and offers an on-site laboratory, testing facilities, machine shop, design and draughting facilities, so that work can be completed efficiently and effectively.
Occupying 60 000 m² of facilities on a 13 hectare (32 acre) property within the city itself, KEW Foundries’ factory site is strategically based on the national grid creating fast and efficient access to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban, which ensures fast movement of exports. Operating its own fleet of vehicles also ensures timeous local deliveries. Besides good delivery times, KEW Foundries is well-known for its quality.