KEW Foundries (Kimberley, Northern Cape), has a vacancy for a Fitter & Turner (Artisan). A Gr. 12 (with Maths) & Trade Certificate (Fitter & Turner/Toolmaker/Engineering equivalent) required. Min 3 years’ experience in the industry after trade test in particular milling & turning. Experience in machining & operating lathes, milling/boring mills essential. Candidate must have strong communication skills, ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines, strong numeracy skills, excellent attention to detail & knowledge of heavy machining.
• Interpret engineering drawings (drawing projection, sectional views, tolerance system & geometric tolerances)
• Operation of milling machines, boring mills, drilling machines & lathes
• Machining and inspection of components (tooling, correct speed/feed rate, machine set-up, selection of measuring equipment)
• Assemble components and inspect against specifications
• Strip, inspect, repair & assemble equipment received for repair
• Ensure machines clean and function properly – report problems to Line Management
• Perform preventative maintenance checks
• Minor repairs on equipment
• Work according to production targets and internal work instructions
• Work overtime and night shift on occasion
Female Applicants encouraged to apply. Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Remuneration package depends on the successful applicant’s qualifications & experience. Should you not receive a response to your application, please consider it to be unsuccessful. Please send CV’s to Jill Lodder e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 053 841 0473. Cut-off date for applications is the 1st July 2022.
Private Bag x 6062
KEW Foundries has over 100 years experience in the foundry and engineering industry, specialising in a wide range of small to large castings in Grey and SG Iron.
The company offers an extensive range of hand-moulded castings with the production of sophisticated castings up to 7 000 kg and mass weight castings up to 7 500 kg. Additionally, KEW Foundries is the only supplier of cast headgear sheave wheels in Africa and can machine head gear sheave wheel assemblies up to 7,1 metre outside diameter.
KEW Foundries has its own extensive foundry and engineering capabilities and offers an on-site laboratory, testing facilities, machine shop, design and draughting facilities, so that work can be completed efficiently and effectively.
Occupying 60 000 m² of facilities on a 13 hectare (32 acre) property within the city itself, KEW Foundries’ factory site is strategically based on the national grid creating fast and efficient access to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban, which ensures fast movement of exports. Operating its own fleet of vehicles also ensures timeous local deliveries. Besides good delivery times, KEW Foundries is well-known for its quality.