Only applications through Dittohire will be considered. DO NOT send your CV/job application to email@example.com
The Truck Workshop department currently requires a detail orientated, process-driven, dedicated individual in the team. This position requires someone who is able to work in a fast paced, demanding and pressurized environment. The successful candidate must be able to lead a team effectively and must be skilled in time management, planning, decision making and problem-solving.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance of timekeeping, productive output, discipline and work programs of the Truck Workshop execution team with assistance from Engineering management as required.
- Manage attendance and timekeeping by executing all administrative processes required i.e. time sheets of employees, leave, completing of daily attendance registers.
- Liaise with HR in terms of any concerns, issues or disciplinary management of staff.
- Manage the even distribution of overtime between the team.
- Review training requirements of the workshop staff and report back to Engineering Manager and/or Directors the needs.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities on the entire fleet of vehicles, trucks, trailers, etc. are performed up to standard and on time.
- Lead and manage the productivity and efficiency of all workshop activities with assistance from Engineering management as required.
- Ensure that the machinery, equipment and tools are regularly checked as per the Safety File for the department.
- Ensure that the housekeeping in the workshop is maintained at a high level and report any issues or possible improvements to Engineering Manager and/or Directors.
- Take ownership and manage the CWorks processes for the truck workshop with assistance from Engineering management as required.
- Monitor quality and efficiency of team’s work programs and report any issues or possible improvements to Engineering Manager and/or Directors.
- Investigate breakdowns and provide accurate feedback.
- Manage the manpower utilization and ensure it remains above 75% of work hours allocated.
- Ensure compliance to Legal Requirements, Company and Health & Safety rules, policies and regulations
- Abide by the regulations as set out in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Any other tasks, as agreed with the Engineering Manager and/or Directors, suited to this level of leadership
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic Red Seal Trade Test certificate.
- Code 14 Drivers License and valid PDP.
- Previous management or leadership experience.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant working experience.
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel).
- Strong administrative ability.
- Experience working with a CMMS.
- Knowledgeable on the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Sound communication skills (understand, read and write English).
- Must be prepared to work overtime when required.
- Strength to handle materials and tools (physically fit).
- Must be of sober habits.
- Hands on practical approach to the job.
- Hard working and self-motivated.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Display a professional work approach.
- Logical and detail orientated.
- Excellent standards in execution.
- Commitment to a strong business ethic and integrity.