Manufacturing Technical Buyer (Saw Mill/Timber/ Manufacturing Industry)
- National Diploma in Supply Chain Management/ NQF 5
- Afrikaans Home Language
- 2-3 years’ experience in procurement in Saw Mill/Timber/ Manufacturing Industry
- Technical Engineering background with relevant qualification would be advantageous
- Must have ERP Systems exp
Our client seeks to employ a suitably qualified candidate to provide a supporting role to the
Purchasing Managers to procurement process and sourcing expertise essential to the engineering
department for goods and services which ultimately lead to the implementation of appropriate agreements,
Capital Goods and Services
- Delivery: Planning and organizing, attention to detail
- Negotiation Skills
- Problem solving and Analysis: Analytical thinking, resilience, pro-active and taking initiative,
- Relationships: Assertiveness, professionalism, communication
- Self-awareness: self-motivated and energetic
- Effective stakeholder management
- Ensure that all goods and services are sourced and procured according to specification, in
- accordance with the procurement policy and/or as detailed in the sourcing strategy.
- Ensure that quality control procedures are implemented and adhered to by the suppliers.
- Certificates of conformance to be supplied where required.
- Initiate one time vendor approval and complete of necessary forms.
- Liaise with technical department regarding specifications or samples.
- Any variance to specification the supplier to be notified immediately and action taken to rectify.
- Negotiate supplier payment terms unless already negotiated by commodity and/or sourcing managers
- Assist with achieving functional PIP objectives.
- Highlight potential opportunities for items to be placed on contracts to the Commodity Specialist
- Implement and/or follow effective expediting procedure and monitor.
- Maintenance of the vendor master data.
- Monitor deliveries against order/plan
- Switch between transport modes and cost options relative to risk and urgency in line with
- sourcing strategy is one exists.
- Supplier relationship management