Our client based in Durban is seeking a Site Operations Manager to join their team.
Frontline responsibility for the successful delivery of manufactured product to meet customer requirements in accordance with company policies to enhance long term business performance.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Matric and minimum 5 years’ experience in Leading/Managing a Production team
- Degree/diploma in Production management
- Proficiency on Microsoft Office packages
- Experience and Strong competency in ERP systems
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with multiple changing deadlines
- Able to lead in dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Supervision of subordinates to meet objectives, enhance productivity and discipline in the workplace.
- Plan, lead, organise, motivate and delegate per shift to meet the production plan.
- Daily meetings with staff to discuss planning and plant issues
- Produce the Production Plan in coordination with Sales
- Scheduling of raw materials and packaging in coordination with Supply Chain
- Responsible to coordinate and ensure the capture of production and related data for usages/yields on raw materials/finished goods in the Production ERP system.
- Complete paperwork required on a daily basis for production records.
- Coordinate stock take as required.
- SHEQ related tasks:
- Ensure ISO, Environmental, Health and safety procedures and work instructions are followed.
- Promote a clean, healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work place at all times.
- Manufacture product within specification.
- Ensure plant and equipment is in a safe and efficient working order to meet the demands of the production plan.
- Investigation of incidents, errors and non-compliance and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
Please apply directly online if you meet the requirements. Kindly note if you do not hear back from a consultant within 5 to 10 days of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful this time around. Please also be advised that our consultants receive hundreds of applications daily - it is impossible to reply to everyone - thus only suitable candidates will be contacted for the role. We appreciate your understanding