Our client in the manufacturing industry and has an exciting EE opportunity for a Distribution Controller based in Cape Town.
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain or Transport Management.
- Experience in supervising and directing people.
- Good verbal communication.
- Job competencies include:
- project management
- workflow management
- work scheduling
- action planning
- planning and organizing.
- Optimal deliveries or collection.
- Managing the distribution of products and collection of incoming materials.
- Coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys.
- Managing the debriefing of returning vehicles with failed deliveries and empty containers.
- Managing the operation of IT planning systems.
- Managing the maintenance of vehicles.
- Negotiating and agreeing to contracts.
- Manage relationships to service provides for forklifts and trucks.
- Compliant logistics operations.
- Preparing paperwork for regulatory bodies.
- Managing staff and shifts.
- Interact with staff that work with the trucks and forklifts to ensure safe use of the vehicles.
Only online applications are acceptable. If you have no response from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.