Our Client a leading company are committed to ensuring they consistently meet customer expectations & deliver against their targets. As the Production Leader you will be an instrumental part of this team as they continue to improve their site. You have the opportunity to add value to the production department & ensure they continue to develop their culture of efficiency.
This is a great opportunity to join a business on the up & impact the future of a site. This Production Supervisor role is a demanding but rewarding one, giving you the remit to have a level of autonomy, problem solve & develop your own team. You will develop & lead your team on shift in the delivery of an effective and efficient operation in line with the business requirements.
- To manage, develop & lead your team on shift.
- To manage an efficient shift in line with KPI & budgetary targets.
- To ensure the shift complies with all Company standards when working (Health and Safety, hygiene, etc).
- Works with the senior leadership to ensure continuous improvement plans are in place to drive year on year improvements.
- Line management responsibility for direct reports (Team Leaders/Operatives).
- Ensure regular performance reviews are in place for them.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained in your production areas and appropriate paperwork completed and signed-off.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for resolving all production issues on shift; escalating to the senior management as required.
- Takes collective responsibility for the production team & promotes a team environment to deliver results. Demonstrates leadership and flexibility in the role.
- Understand the KPIs for production & focuses on the team delivering & maximising productivity on a shift/daily/weekly basis.
- Makes effective use of all equipment through planning and effective use of labour.
- Ensure accurate recording of all KPIs & that all necessary paperwork is completed and signed off on a shift/daily/weekly basis.
- Regular performance reviews to be held with direct reports and their teams; coaching them and ensures effective development plans are in place.
- Carries out full investigation for all incidents and accidents involving the production team.
- Work alongside the Engineering department to ensure all maintenance activity is managed in line with production demands.
- Oversee HR Policies & processes (performance, disciplinary, grievance, attendance).