A manufacturing and engineering company based in Alberton, is seeking a Maintenance Planner with experience within the FMCG, manufacturing or engineering sector and 7-8years’ experience to join their energetic and dynamic team.
The purpose of the Engineering Planner is to plan and coordinate the engineering resources, optimise the manufacturing plant's performance in a safe manner as per company requirements and effectively improve maintenance effectiveness, plant reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, cost of maintenance and efficiency. This individual will work as part of the maintenance team in its overall quest to improve the overall operations performance.
Education and Qualification requirements
Minimum education (essential)
Mechanical Engineering N3-N6
Minimum education (desirable)
Artisan qualification (Trade: Mechanical Fitter/Millwright)
Minimum applicable experience
7-8 years related working experience within a Manufacturing domain
Skills and knowledge (essential)
- Effective leadership skills
- Coaching and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to make sound decisions based on available information.
- Able to facilitate the collaboration of people in all departments (production, HSE, HR, Finance).
- Initiative and self-starting abilities
- Willing to take action
- Demonstrated planning, organisational and project management skills.
- Knowledge and average skill in using a Green card system, Windows, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of maintenance planning and systems implementation.
- Previous maintenance planning experience is a definite required
- Trustworthy and trusting of others.
- Must be hands-on
- Solutions-oriented and self-motivated individual
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
Key performance areas
Planning and Operations
- Establishes maintenance plans to support production plans.
- Obtain and evaluate quotes from suppliers and place the order on the Syspro system.
- Liaise with engineering and production to do the maintenance planned.
- Analyse recorded green cards, to determine asset performance.
- To scope the maintenance work that has to be carried out, develop a working schedule for maintenance and ensure all relevant material and spares required are available on time.
- To arrange and schedule safety inspections on lifting equipment and pressure vessels.
- Monitor certain equipment running hours and plan maintenance/repairs thereof.
- Arrange and file all drawings and obtain drawings where none is available.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance shutdowns at the different plants.
- Manage and monitor the Preventative Planned Maintenance Cards off the Green Card System.
- Adhere to all safety rules and requirements.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that trials & Projects are performed in accordance with our Advanced Quality Planning policy as well as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Accountable to meet and achieve all applicable SHEQ SOPs for the company –achieve all relevant safety objectives, implementation of pre-emptive risk assessment and prediction process, instil the best place to work for culture leading to a safe working environment
- Complete all relevant tasks as per work instruction
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in a safe manner
- Maintain high-quality standard for all tasks carried out
- Executes specific deliverables
- Contribute to a safe and healthy work environment
- Report risks and opportunities for improvement related to duties
- Required to perform ad hoc duties as and when required.