The Account Manager is responsible for selling the business’s products and services to our existing client base. He/she is responsible for implementing sales plans, documenting quotes, and reporting sales performance to the line manager. The Account Manager has the responsibility of making sure each department meets the needs of their clients and customers. They handle customer complaints, find solutions to their needs, and maintain a positive relationship between both parties for future business venture opportunities.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Operating as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters.
- Building and maintaining strong, long lasting customer relationships with the intention of retaining customers and maximising revenue.
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit.
- Collaborate with sales and other departments to identify and grow opportunities and revenue.
- Assist with challenging customer requests, or issue escalations as needed.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within determined schedule through achieving or exceeding allocated Sales Quota.
- Sales Quota’s will be reviewed annually and can be amended through the addition/removal of accounts.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis for existing customers to meet their needs.
- Identify additional business needs of client base through observation and the completion of a full sales survey.
- To entertain customers, where possible with visits to existing satisfied customers with the intention of selling additional or new products.
- Coordinate sales effort with all team members and departments/divisions required.
- To maintain communication with the client showing an ongoing interest in the installation and the installation team.
- Ensure that all funds are collected on time as per the contract.
- To complete a daily log of all activities, quotations sent and lost business.
- Analyse statistics thereby identifying key sales areas, problems, and success rate.
- To constantly monitor and be aware of competitor activity and maintain and share competitor knowledge.
- To present a realistic proposal to a client, having thoroughly researched cost factors, and ensure that the proposal is achievable.
- To constantly be aware of new business opportunities and action these.
- Maintain communications with the office daily.
- Forward relevant product information, fixes, workarounds, known issues, etc… to relevant personnel within the company.
- Keep updated on new technologies available, both on MICROS software/hardware products, third-party software/hardware products, as well as general IT technologies, related to our industry.
- Regularly visit the corporate website https://www.adaptit.com/hospitality-consumer-markets to keep informed about corporate developments and news.
- Regularly visit the MICROS page on Adapt IT SharePoint intranet site and read any published ‘Product Marketing Announcements’ (PMA) and Field Bulletins and presentations available on either Oracle or Micros SA website.
- Pass any certification examinations as required by Management.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge in MS Windows operating systems and software utilities as released from time to time.
- Be able to demonstrate Micros SA product range confidently and knowledgeably.
- Maintain client files, filing of all quotations and sales documentation and client contracts.
- Update and maintain your customer’s details on required platform/s.
- Maintain your business diary on Microsoft outlook and grant access to the Sales Manager to view your activities.
- All commission and expense claims to be submitted timeously.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
- Clearly communicate and maintain the progress/updates/change initiatives to internal and external stakeholders regularly and as required by management.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Matric / Grade 12 / Equivalent
- Minimum 3 years Account Management experience
- Valid passport
- Own reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Willing to travel
- Understanding of Hospitality environment or experience in Information Technology Sector (IT) beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft product suite
Desired Skills and Qualities
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined and target driven with proven track record in sales.
- Excellent customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executives and C-Level.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple account management needs at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.