Our client, a large company specialising in general and hazardous waste, with over 25 years industry experience, currently seeks an experienced SHEQ Officer.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Diploma in Safety Management.
- SAMTRAC, NEBOSH or equivalent.
- Legislation (OHS Act, PER, NEMA, COID, By-laws) Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in monitoring, implementing and auditing SHEQ.
- Experience from a logistics environment will be an advantage.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage the SHEQ Committee.
- Manage SHEQ Management System implementation and updates to accommodate legislative changes and industry standards.
- Develop and manage the SHEQ Training Program.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate multi-functional disciplinary work groups to conduct HIRA and Mitigation plans.
- Promote SHEQ awareness.
- Ensure contractor/customer compliance and ensure their safety files are up to date before they can be allowed on site.
- Provide all staff and contractors with Health, Safety, Environment and Security training.
- Ensure the implementation of Permit To Work system for all Plant activities.
- Develop, implement and manage the emergency preparedness procedure.
- Ensure emergency system drills are conducted in line with the company policy.
- Perform internal audits as well as customer audits and negotiate corrective actions with responsible Managers.
- Facilitate the auditing of maintenance contractors, identify possible corrective actions and follow up on corrective actions.
- Set and monitor compliance to management SHEQ objectives.
- Develop and empower employees to take ownership for SHEQ.
- Implement and manage compliance to the hygiene and ergonomics standards and recommendations for the business ensuring best practices at all times.
- Incidents and accidents investigation, enforce timely closure of corrective action and ensure preventative measures.
- Document control.
- Compile risk assessments.
- Compile monthly KPI reports.
- Update legal appointments.