Our client a leading international telecommunications Company requires a Carrier Relations Manager with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in telecommunications industry, data networking products (MPLS, Ethernet, WAN, etc.). Experience in procurement from international suppliers, predominately in Africa and Middle East is preferable. Requirements:
The purpose of the position is the responsibility for procurement of the company’s products and services from regional vendors in order to support internal stakeholders by establishing and maintaining long-term beneficial relationships and strategies. The role supports sales and project teams in their growth and delivery objectives.
- ITIL basic foundation certification.
- Bachelors degree in commerce, supply chain or related tertiary qualification preferable.
- Project management or service delivery background advantageous.
- 5 years’ experience in telecommunications industry, data networking products (MPLS, Ethernet, WAN, etc.).
- Experience in procurement from international suppliers, predominately in Africa and Middle East (preferable).
Key Performance Areas:
- Valid passport.
- Willing to travel internationally on an ad hoc basis.
- Prepared to work overtime, if required.
Carrier Relations Management:
- Fully engage with Commercial Manager to confirm any technical requirements, SLA and delivery lead times for all firm requests.
- Ensuring services are sourced and negotiated at market-related prices or less.
- Monitor escalations received from Commercial Managers to ensure pricing requests completed within the timeline for the respective country matrix.
- Negotiate further discounts, based on firm order and obtain an official quote for all requests at 100% probability.
- Submit a final offer to Commercial Managers accurately.
- Ensuring pricing books are up to date and communicated with management if any price changes take place.
SLA / Credit Management:
- Work with global suppliers, ensuring open and transparent communication of supplier feedback.
- Develops, reviews, and refines supplier score cards and procedures for vendor rules of engagement.
- Leverage score card analytics to make data-driven decisions and recommendations to stakeholders and leaders.
- Manage and resolve supplier escalations from internal departments.
- Responsible for resolving Supplier invoice holds and payment issues from suppliers.
- Retrieve reports from the system and generate monthly reports to measure trends.
- Ensure SLA criteria including penalties are in place with all vendors.
- Analyses monthly SLA reporting received from QA for non-performance.
- Negotiate necessary credit note with the supplier based on SLA reporting.
- Obtain necessary credit note and ensure captured by Finance.
- Participate in transformational, consolidation and negotiate annual cost-savings initiatives
- Analyze annual spend per supplier and advise on consolidation or other initiatives to reduce costs and improve service delivery.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their CVs.
- Request cancellation terms from suppliers.
- Timeous and accurate processing of all requests.
- Provide accurate feedback to Commercial Managers on cancellation period and penalties.
Please note that only short listed candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days' of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.
We encourage you to monitor our company adverts www.gnr.co.za for more great opportunities!