Position: Warehouse Operations Team Leader
Location: Ladysmith, Ezakheni
Department: Operations - Factory and Warehouse
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12
- 3-4 years related work experience in a similar role within the industry,
- Certificate/Qualification in the relevant field or studying towards one
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets.
- Ensure the delivery of materials to production lines in accordance with production schedules.
- Train new Warehouse operatives within area of responsibility.
- Ensure inventories in area of responsibility are accurate.
- Ensure stock movements are recorded accurately.
- Support organizing and participate in stock takes at regular intervals.
- Ensure that any computerized or automated systems are accurate and up to date.
- Identify any systems improvements and make recommendations for change.
- Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse. Where appropriate elevate the issue to a more senior level.
- Produce regular reports and statistics as and when required.
- Review ways to reduce waste
- Assist in planning future capacity requirements.
- Ensure that health and safety meet the required standards and carry out risk assessments.
- Ensure that all lifting and maneuvering of products is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures.
- Ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose.
- Maintain high standards of security in the warehouse.
- Ensure staff comply to health, safety and environmental regulations and work safely to protect themselves and others in the warehouse environment.
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency.
- ISO 9001-2015 commitment to taking a lead role to ensure world class progression. To ensure that the Business Management System is maintained within your department/division.
- Any other duties or ad hock tasks.
- Supervisory and Team Leader skills with the ability to motivate, develop and supervise others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets a knowledge of warehouse systems.
- Analytical and numerical.
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality.
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and application – intermediate / advanced.
- Wage & sundries knowledge and application.
- WMS knowledge and application essential.
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Team Leader with experience of leading and motivating a team.
- A good working knowledge of health and safety and security requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of lean techniques may be advantageous.
- Able and willing to work alternate shifts – Day/Night.