The Transport Manager is responsible for managing, planning and coordinating Transport operations, which includes delivery and driver management.
Dedicated to enabling seamless and sustainable end-to-end value chain solutions driven by our customer’s unique environment. Through excellence in our people, our values and systems, we’ve established ourselves as the leading multi-temperature logistics provider in Africa.”
The Key Functional responsibilities of the Transport Manager include but are not limited to:
- Ensure costs are captured in the month incurred (Labour, Vehicle R&M, Stock Losses, Fuel).
- Ensure unprocessed costs are accrued in the month
- Ensure monthly transport department expenditure is maintained within budget – a budget will be provided and discussed with
- Explain variance of budget versus
- Ensure cost overruns are investigated and appropriate countermeasures are instituted to prevent further
Operational: Delivery Schedule
- Ensure the maintenance of the delivery schedule in plato e. implementation of new stores.
- Ensure that most effective and efficient execution of the delivery schedule e. lowest possible Cost Per Kilometre.
- Ensure routes are executed according to daily delivery planning
- Ensure that changes are made on delivery schedule to optimize
EPOD & Trackmatic
- Ensure all daily routes are executed on Trackmatic and EPOD as per company
- Ensure planning and coordinating of Cross dock operational
- Ensure the adequate management of
- Ensure the adequate management of driver and van assistant
- Ensure all vehicles dispatched daily are compliant as per DQSP
- Host monthly staff meeting with
- Develop and manage Staff
- Ensure that all staff maintains DQSP certification i . PDP’ s, LMI, Medicals, fridge calibrations
- Ensure succession plan in place for career
- Liaising with the HR department so as to understand all the necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and ensure all staff are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and
- Manage a stable HR climate in the
- Liaising with HR regarding overtime and absenteeism, motivating staff, recruiting staff, training, mentoring, coaching and development of staff according to company policies and
- Conduct regular performance appraisals with subordinates and ensure that the process is cascaded throughout the warehousing team.
- Develop and manage high performance multi-disciplinary team in order to solve problems within the distribution
- Coach and support team members where necessary to achieve
- Uphold the company’s disciplinary code of conduct at all times demonstrating fairness when dealing with
- Ensure the adequate recruitment of drivers and van assistants to match the requirement of the daily delivery schedule
- Transportation quality standards are consistently maintained in accordance with DQSP
- Pass all internal and external quality
- Audit gaps are closed within prescribed due
- Managing and maintaining of company assets and delivery equipment e. trolleys, tablets, pallet jacks, load lock bars, bulkheads.
- Ensure equipment maintenance is planned and executed with Assets Manager according to
- Ensure all Health & Safety repairs and maintenance is identified and resolved
- Ensure preventative maintenance is carried out according to
- Ensure consumables are adequately stocked for
- Ensure all reporting documents are
- Ensure reporting deadlines are
- Ensure monthly financial reporting is
- Ensure attendance and engagement in all relevant meetings e planning meeting, max meeting, management meeting.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of km’s travelled, driver hours and van assistant
- Ensure daily and weekly fuel recons are completed and fuel related queries are
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly transport plans are compiled and
- Prepare, sign off and submit the transport department payroll in-line with the company’s payroll
- Compile the required KPI’s
- Monitor and report on driver performance e staff is held accountable to ensure the perfect delivery.
- Ensure all operational risk matters are i.e. health and safety checklists completed as prescribed (truck checklists), PPE requirements.
- Ensure all incidents and accidents are investigated and reported according to
- Ensure inventory compliance in respect of prescribed laws and legislative
- Ensure the mitigation of all financial risk e. stock losses, stock damages Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery Reliability - > 90%
- Order Reliability - > 99,75%
- On Time Dispatches – >95%
- Transport Damages - < R10 000 / month
- Health & Safety Incidents – 0
- Achieve Monthly Financial Warehouse Budget – 100%
The above list is not exhaustive and you shall be obliged to perform subsidiary tasks in addition to the primary tasks for which you are employed. The Company undertakes to ensure however, that these subsidiary tasks will be within the training and experience or occupational capabilities of yourself and that you shall not suffer any loss of remuneration or status for work performed on subsidiary tasks.
Personal Skills and Competencies Required:
- Enjoys a challenging, high paced, high pressured and exciting
- Will embrace our high performance culture that works hard and plays
- Is able to create a leadership culture where all managers provide their teams with purpose, autonomy, opportunity for skill mastery, and lead them with the care and growth
- Build a top leadership team that inspires the entire organization with a sense of Purpose/Mission, lives by inspiring values and always acts with
- Build teams of dedicated, industrious, values-based and fun people who provide their peers with inspiration, support and a real friendship that goes beyond the office. Must have Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Ability to take responsibility, Accountability, Great attention to details, Exceptional Time Management, Planning and organizing skills. The ability to work and lead dynamically, be result and deadline driven with good problem solving skills.
- 5-7 years’ experience required in Transport
- Grade 12 is compulsory with Relevant Tertiary Diploma, Degree or, Honors Degree in Logistics and Transportation Management or similar
- Good Warehousing & Distribution, Transport, FMCG, QRS
- Union Experience as well as knowledge of the NBCRFLI
- Intermediate to advanced Computer literacy MS Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, Advanced (WMS) Skills and GP skills