Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that vehicles are serviced and maintained according to the schedule and inspection checklists.
- Emergency repairs on vehicles / equipment assess and prioritize emergency breakdowns.
- Compulsory overtime and being on standby.
- Writes detailed inspection reports and repair plans.
- Collaborates with other diesel mechanics.
- Presents reports and plans to management for approval.
- Uses power, machine, and hand tools safely – own tools are essential to company
- Inventory control
- Welding and cutting materials if required, using arc welding or flame cutting
- Responsible for all workmanship done
- Comply to all Health & Safety regulations
Experience and Qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ workshop experience and knowledge of Heavy Duty trucks ( hydraulics and refrigeration)
- Knowledge of basic auto electrical and repairs.
- Experience of Tail Lifts (Hydraulics)
- Matric + Trade Tested Diesel Mechanic Red Seal
- Computer Literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
- Code 14 with PDP