The Site/Operations manager is to oversee all operations of the Technical Services Centre. The position will be based at the Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) reporting into the GM for Manufacturing & Operations.
- Manage and supervise entire Technical Services Centre operations and staff of up to 60.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations
- Manage and support SHEQ initiatives and objectives
- Manage all production, maintenance, engineering, warehousing & logistics.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Manage employees’ issues or grievances and administer .
- Manage budgets and continuously control operation costs.
- Handle logistics, warehousing and stock of raw materials used in production.
- Liaising with customers, service providers and other stakeholders.
Qualifications & Skills
- B.Eng/B.Sc in Engineering or Chemistry.
- A post graduate business of finance degree is an added advantage.
- -/+5 years proven experience working in chemicals or mineral processing plants.
- Experience in a TiO2 pigment or similar chemical manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of TiO2 pigment, paints and coatings industry is an advantage.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for operating plants.
- Experience or knowledge about ESG, SDG, IFC E&S Performance Standards & 4IR
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues.
- Proficient with Office365 and other workplace productivity tools.
- Experience with operating plant equipment safely and efficiently
- Excellent report writing, verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures.
- Strong leadership and managerial attributes.
Please note that by submitting your personal information to Deka Minas you free-willingly issue the business consent to make use of such data for the specific purpose of securing you either permanent or temporary employment. Our business makes use of a POPIA compliant database and you have the right to access, right to correction and right to deletion of your personal information.