Have a Grade 12 Certificate and related Qualification in Purchasing
· Have basic knowledge of engineering and manufacturing coupled with hand tool experience, purchasing of spares,components.
· Be confident and assertive
· Have the sound ability to negotiate pricing
· Be willing to learn
· Be available for stock take
· Be able to work accurately under immense pressure.
· Be Computer literate - SYSPRO
· Able to be mentored and coached in additional buying practices in company.
The key responsibilities of the position includes:
Ensure that the company’s buying objectives are achieved by effectively negotiating with suppliers to supply:
· The specified quantity and quality of product
· At the required date
· And at the lowest or best possible cost to the company
Secures new sources of supply whenever appropriate,eg. when usual suppliers cannot supply,when better deals are sought,customers demand new or different products
Monitors all aspects of inventory by ensuring that :
· Replenishments are in time
· Excess stock is controlled effectively
· Pricing is done accurately.
· Stock take is executed accurately in conjunction with Snr Buyer.