Purpose of the job:
Purchase goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company’s
operational needs are met, considering price, quality, and delivery and
to ensure continuity of supply.
Personal skills and abilities:
- Reliable and well presented.
- Methodical and thorough in all tasks undertaken.
- Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to tasks.
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- Proactively contributes to the team
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Determine the lowest cost for products/materials
- Track and record orders
- Receive orders and document arrivals
- Manage supply base
- Reviewing, comparing, analysing, and approving products and services to be purchased
- Source and interview vendors; negotiate contracts and costs
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc
- Analyse supply base
- Prepare requisitions and purchase orders
- Organize and schedule procurements in a timely manner
- Communicate with vendors, clients, customers, team members, and managers to align goals
- Request of compliance of all Village n life policies and procurement procedures from all restaurants, bars, and external properties
- Request of compliance of the Village n Life procurement policy from all preferred suppliers
- Creating, amending, and implementing procurement policies and procedures for the benefit of the company and operations
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Aiding and guidance to all staff under him/her
- Undertake other related duties that may be requested by management due to the nature and character of the post.