A well-established, market leader in the logistics industry is looking for a Financial Accountant for a 6 month contract position.
The position is based in Kempton Park.
Salary is between R28000 and R33000 per month.
- General responsibility for the posting, recording and maintenance of all accounting records
- Cash book maintenance and cash planning
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts and inter-company accounts and timely closure of accounts monthly
- Booking of accounting entries (revenue, COGS, expenses) in the accounting system
- Maintain accurate cost allocations
- Maintenance and control over the customer and supplier reconciliations, ensuring timely collection from customers as well as remittance of vendor invoices and payments
- Responsibility for assisting in the preparation of annual budget and any re-forecasting exercises as required.
- Financial year-end processes, including liaising with auditors and support with preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Handling tax administrative matters (VAT, income tax, etc.)
- Responsible for the preparation of Management Accounting Packs and adhoc financial reports as and when requested
- Close engagement with Financial Manager. Continuous improvement and improved way of working implementations
- System master data maintenance
- Relevant Accounting Degree (BCom or other) is essential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Logistics or Manufacturing Industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Microsoft Excel)
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.