Position: Night Shift Supervisor
- An appropriate warehousing qualification would be advantageous
- A supervisory qualification
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Supervisor with experience of supervising and motivating a team
- A good working knowledge of health and safety and security requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of lean techniques may be advantageous
- Grade 12
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience with managing container loads/off-loads (LCL)
- Drivers license
- Computer Literate
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide line management to the team, coordinating their workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring operational targets, KPIs, and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer.
- Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, whilst fostering a culture of working safely.
- Coordinate daily/weekly meetings with the Warehouse Supervisor, Yard Supervisor and Receiving Supervisor for planning purposes.
- Monitoring, allocating and coordinating the activities of staff to ensure that tasks are executed according to prescribed standards.
- Maintain neat and clean yard at all times.
- Monitor work of employees and initiate disciplinary actions as required.
- Monitor loading/off-loading of materials to ensure safe transfer to required locations.
- Loss control management
- Reporting of any discrepancies