This successful, global manufacturing concern currently seeks a Legal Counsel, to provide specialist legal, research and administrative support to the Chief Legal Counsel and the business.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree in Law/Corporate Law or equivalent.
- Admission as an Attorney.
- Registration with Provincial/National Law Society advantageous.
- At least 5 years (post admission) at either a law firm in SA, or as an In-house Legal Counsel specialising in Corporate, Contractual and Commercial work.
- Experience in supply chain and employment law.
- BBEEE expertise is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SAP and MFiles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Roles and Responsibiltiies:
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks.
- Identify proactive solutions to mitigate risks.
- Identify proactive solutions that will enhance current processes and/or create new processes.
- Deal with external parties (such as Regulators, External Counsel, clients, Advocates).
- Review supplier agreements.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and monitor compliance with statutory obligations.
- Legal research and presentations.
- Law office administration.
- Prepare affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents.
- Organise and maintain documents in an electronic filing system.
- Draft, review and scrutinise general commercial agreements.
- Draft and convey legal opinions on specific legal issues.
- Direct and co-ordinate law office activity.
- Complete investigations and fact finding for matters.
- Identify relevant legal articles and laws for matters.
- Assist in preparing legal documents.
- Review and maintain all company standard agreements.
- Participate in the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on all legal matters.
- Successfully complete special projects and other assignments as requested.
- Out of the box thinker.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Innovative and solution orientated.
- Leadership and social influence.
- Commercial thinking.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Ability to create trust relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and/or work as a member of a team.
- Uphold ethics and values.
- Drive for results.
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction.
- Set high standards for quality and quantity and consistently achieve set goals.
- Ability to interact with people of all levels of the Corporate structure.
- Proven ability to work effectively and in independently.
- Excellent at multi-tasking.
- Manage various Legal department projects and initiatives.
- Excellent organisational skills.