Are you a dynamic, experienced individual, considered a Compliance, Legal, and Risk fundi, focused on short-term and long-term insurance and looking for a challenging career move? The Role:
Take responsibility for the successful implementation, management and monitoring of the Companies Compliance, Legal and Risk function.
Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance Legal:
- Actively participate in various committees, and interact with Legal Counsel and Regulatory Bodies when required.
- Identify and advise the Audit and Risk Committee, Executive Management and Management of emerging compliance issues and guide the company in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks.
- Issue corrective action notices to management when compliance deficiencies are found and follow up to ensure appropriate corrective action is accomplished.
- Provide technical assistance and resources to lines of business to implement new or changed legal or regulatory requirements.
- Provide knowledge and technical expertise to management for new and changed projects.
- Interpret and clarify legislative changes.
- Maintain compliance database of regulations, procedures and monitoring activities.
- Ensure all group regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, communicated and followed, and implement new policies and/or procedures as necessary.
- Take responsibility for the insurance control functions.
- Broker channel knowledge.
- Ensure that the Compliance department activities run smoothly and efficiently by providing leadership, training and supervision.
- Provide strategic direction and input to the department and company in general.
- Direct staff in assessing and monitoring of the companies' internal controls to ensure relevant laws and regulations through formal compliance audits.
- LLB Degree, completed articles, Postgraduate Certification in Compliance and Risk.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a compliance role of which 3 years were at Executive level.
- Familiar with implementing system and procedures, drafting reports and delivering on regulatory compliance reviews, training and presentation skills.
- You consider yourself a fundi in compliance with a focus on short-term and long-term insurance, FAIS, FIXA, FSR Act, POPI, IA, CPA and TCF?
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Desire to troubleshoot and resolve.
- A particular strength in cultivating meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.